Elite Assault Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Border track holiday

3 posters

Go down

Border track holiday Empty Border track holiday

Post by Lolasaurus Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 pm

Hey fellas,

I just returned from a trip on the SA Victoria border. A sandy, dunie, boggy track they used to put up a fence to keep Eddie Mcguire out of SA. Its in the middle of the desert and has recently had rainfall. We were lugging our trailer, nicknamed "wreckin' ball" as well. For the most part the track was comfortable and we set up camp later on.

We did the usual roasting marshmallows groove but we are kinda sick of them after several longer trips.

The second day Dad and our mate wanted to seek out a mud puddle we noticed on our previous trip to the track. We found it without too much hassle, and began daring each other...

We went first. The truck revved uncontrollably and flew into the bog sending mud and water everywhere. Dad held the pedal down and tried to power through, but in the end the axle (diff) rode on top of the middle section between the wheel ruts. Our mate hauled us out with his truck.

After several unsuccessful attempts, we went through the opposite direction, hit a curve in the ruts at high speed and absoluted derailed the front wheel. Dad stopped and we had to slowly pull the truck out and replace the wheel.

Further on down the track Dad hit a root hidden under the soft sand (I wasn't driving at this stage) and burst the rear tire. We had to fit the old derailed wheel back onto the hub, which was caked with mud, clay and "pelican poo". This "new" wheel did the job until we got home, but I had to stop driving incase my inexperience screwed up another wheel.

After all that fun, Dad asked me to wash the car. I nearly died.
He quickly noticed how uncomfortable I was about the idea and offered to take it to the auto wash place for us.

Enjoyable holiday for some, but for others, not so...

Lolasaurus
Lolasaurus
Lolasaurus
CLAN LEADER (Captain)
CLAN LEADER (Captain)

Back to top Go down

Border track holiday Empty Re: Border track holiday

Post by MOHAWK Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:56 am

Lolasaurus wrote:Hey fellas,

I just returned from a trip on the SA Victoria border. A sandy, dunie, boggy track they used to put up a fence to keep Eddie Mcguire out of SA. Its in the middle of the desert and has recently had rainfall. We were lugging our trailer, nicknamed "wreckin' ball" as well. For the most part the track was comfortable and we set up camp later on.

We did the usual roasting marshmallows groove but we are kinda sick of them after several longer trips.

The second day Dad and our mate wanted to seek out a mud puddle we noticed on our previous trip to the track. We found it without too much hassle, and began daring each other...

We went first. The truck revved uncontrollably and flew into the bog sending mud and water everywhere. Dad held the pedal down and tried to power through, but in the end the axle (diff) rode on top of the middle section between the wheel ruts. Our mate hauled us out with his truck.

After several unsuccessful attempts, we went through the opposite direction, hit a curve in the ruts at high speed and absoluted derailed the front wheel. Dad stopped and we had to slowly pull the truck out and replace the wheel.

Further on down the track Dad hit a root hidden under the soft sand (I wasn't driving at this stage) and burst the rear tire. We had to fit the old derailed wheel back onto the hub, which was caked with mud, clay and "pelican poo". This "new" wheel did the job until we got home, but I had to stop driving incase my inexperience screwed up another wheel.

After all that fun, Dad asked me to wash the car. I nearly died.
He quickly noticed how uncomfortable I was about the idea and offered to take it to the auto wash place for us.

Enjoyable holiday for some, but for others, not so...

Lolasaurus
Well I am glad you did some travelling but the bit with the Broken Wheel and the Uncontrollable Truck bit I must say: Ouch.

Smile .
MOHAWK
MOHAWK
TEAM VICE CAPTAIN (Sergeant)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolasaurus Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 am

Tee hee. All fun and games though...
Lolasaurus
Lolasaurus
CLAN LEADER (Captain)
CLAN LEADER (Captain)

Back to top Go down

Post by MOHAWK Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:40 am

Lolasaurus wrote:Tee hee. All fun and games though...
True Very Happy .
MOHAWK
MOHAWK

Back to top Go down

Post by Scourgeofdeath Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:25 am

We roled our 80 series this weekend! Dad is getting a panel beater to fix the roof cos it has bumps in it.

Scourgeofdeath
(Private)
(Private)

Back to top Go down

Post by MOHAWK Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:50 am

Scourgeofdeath wrote:We roled our 80 series this weekend! Dad is getting a panel beater to fix the roof cos it has bumps in it.
That should be interesting you should keep us informed about the latest News Comrade Smile .
MOHAWK
MOHAWK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down