Elite Assault Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General SWBF2 tricks, tactics and other things

+2
Mr. Pistol
AUS_Doug
6 posters

Go down

General SWBF2 tricks, tactics and other things Empty General SWBF2 tricks, tactics and other things

Post by AUS_Doug Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:26 am

Thought it might be an idea to have a thread where people could share any tips or favourite tactics they've developed/picked-up.

1) Space combat - Those big capital ships make for good cover
Spoiler:

2)Use the Cannon on the Y-wing - it may save your life
Spoiler:

3)Apologize for Team Kills only if safe to do so
Spoiler:

4)The 3 Rules of the Rule of 3
Spoiler:

Last edited by AUS_Doug on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : An addendum and a typo)
AUS_Doug
AUS_Doug
(Corporal)
(Corporal)

http://www.moddb.com/members/aus-doug

Back to top Go down

General SWBF2 tricks, tactics and other things Empty Re: General SWBF2 tricks, tactics and other things

Post by Mr. Pistol Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:35 am

AUS_Doug wrote:
On Tantive IV yesterday, myself and a team mate were shooting at a guy near our CP.
I was a Bothan, they were a Wookiee; I walked in front of them and got a bowcaster in the back. (I was invisible at the time)

Entirely my fault, but the person in question apologized anyway which is nice.

Problem is, they apologized instead of killing the guy we were fighting; I'd made a mess of him with my weapon, and a harshly thrown tennis ball probably would've killed him.

Anyway while typing their apology, the Wookiee got killed and we lost the CP.[/spoiler]
Hey! I was in that game Razz
Mr. Pistol
Mr. Pistol
EVENT COORDINATOR (Corporal)
EVENT COORDINATOR (Corporal)

Back to top Go down

General SWBF2 tricks, tactics and other things Empty Re: General SWBF2 tricks, tactics and other things

Post by Scourgeofdeath Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:41 am

I think i was playing then too!

Last edited by MrMew on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Scourgeofdeath
(Private)
(Private)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMew Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:32 am

Stand next to an ammo droid and continously throw grenades works well, also get out of a tank before its destroyed. If a team member is low on health and you are an engineer either give them some health or if a med droid nearby is damaged repair it. If there is an important vehicle (atte, atat, laat) and it is badly damaged its not a bad idea to repair that and gain a better position against the other side. Normal soldiers work well in large numbers continuously firing with an engineer to heal them and assault classes are good for perimetres (mines)
MrMew
MrMew
VICE CLAN LEADER (Sergeant Major)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMew Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:55 am

Here's my idea of a good space assault, 1-3 go out in fighters and bombers, 1-2 go on turrets, 1-2 stay and watch for intruders and make repairs and 2-3 land a dropship in the enemy hangar and attack their internal systems. Turrets on frigates don't respawn once destroyed like the self-repairing turrets on the capital ships.
MrMew
MrMew

Back to top Go down

Post by AUS_Doug Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:10 am

I have made an addendum to the Y-wing section of the OP to include Imp and CIS landing craft.
More often than not, fighter pilots will sit right up behind landing craft to stitch 'em full of holes; opening up with the chain guns* on those craft will convince people to back off.

*I forgot their proper name - repeating blaster?
AUS_Doug
AUS_Doug
(Corporal)
(Corporal)

Back to top Go down

Post by AUS_Doug Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:00 am

Hoth CTF (Rebel) Tips & Tricks:

Sniping:

Flag Capture:

Defense:

I'll update this for Imperials once I've worked some things out (if someone doesn't do it sooner), but I'd also like to hear peoples opinion on these.
Hopefully we can, over time, develop something close to a 'perfect' strategy.
AUS_Doug
AUS_Doug
(Corporal)
(Corporal)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolasaurus Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 am

Really good tactics there Doug. Thanks!
Lolasaurus
Lolasaurus
CLAN LEADER (Captain)
CLAN LEADER (Captain)

Back to top Go down

Post by Squeegee Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:30 am

I tried using some of the tactics for Hoth. Its really good!

Squeegee
(Private)
(Private)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scourgeofdeath Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:25 am

Space tactics are good

Scourgeofdeath
(Private)
(Private)

Back to top Go down

Post by AUS_Doug Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:49 am

Just updated the OP with the 'Three rules of the Rule of three'.

I'm in the process of collating everything that I know into one volume which I will upload here when it is ready; so I'll be taking a break from updating this post with my tricks until then.

(Of course I'd love to see the rest of you share anything you think may be of use to the group)

And thanks for the feedback so far guys, glad I can be of use.
AUS_Doug
AUS_Doug
(Corporal)
(Corporal)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolasaurus Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:26 am

I like the idea of the "h" key. For use in any situation...
Lolasaurus
Lolasaurus
CLAN LEADER (Captain)
CLAN LEADER (Captain)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down