Elite Assault Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beat the clock (AUS tournament)

2 posters

Go down

Beat the clock (AUS tournament) Empty Beat the clock (AUS tournament)

Post by Mr. Pistol Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:21 am

In case anyone was interested, this is a tournament being organised on the AUS forums. http://sw.aus-squad.com/forum/index.php?topic=2847.msg77036;boardseen#new

"DATE AND TIME: Either the 28th, 29th or 30th December 2013 (time to be advised)

HOW IT WORKS:
Two players face off against one another to defeat their opponent before the clock runs out. The winner is the person who achieves the fastest time.

RULES:
At the beginning of the night, two players will be chosen at random to start. They will fight it out to the death, with the time it takes the victor to kill their opponent recorded. This is now the time to beat.
The winner remains on the map, and a new challenger (announced by the admin) will spawn. They will then fight it out until one of two things happen:
One player is killed. The winner once again remains spawned and a new challenger is announced.
"Time" runs out. If the round lasts longer than the previous round (i.e. the time to beat), it ends automatically and the reigning champion is declared winner of the round
Between rounds the champion stays spawned (the map will not end) and they can use this time to refill their health/ammo and/or change classes. There will be no grace periods and the next round begins as soon as the next challenger spawns in (they will have spawn invincibility to prevent spawn camping).
When a champion is able to beat every challenger in a row, they are declared the winner*. If a challenger beats the champion, all the challengers who lost to the first champion will receive another chance to beat the new one.
There are NO restrictions on classes on the night.
Time will be kept by the admin, and his time will be the only official time. The clock begins as soon as both the champion and challenger are spawned and ends as soon as the game announces a player's death**.

*If time becomes an issue, then the champion with the longest streak will be declared the winner

**Sometimes when people are killed by rockets/explosions their body will roll before they "die". The clock will not stop until the message 'Player A has killed Player B" appears.

I'm back with another wacky idea for a tournament that may or may not be any good (we all know I've had both). I think the above stuff all makes sense, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong so if you have any questions and/or suggestions for extra rules/improvements post them below.

It's pretty short notice but I thought it would be great to squeeze one more tourney in before the end of the year. But, understandably this is a very busy period for most people, so if people prefer we can push this back to sometime in 2014; it's up to you guys.

As for the map, it'll probably be Coruscant, unless you guys have a better idea? I'm also going to have the server locked, and if you want to play you're going to have to show up on time. People will have until the first champion is beaten (if they are, that is) to be on the server, because after that you will be locked out of playing."

Mr. Pistol
Mr. Pistol
EVENT COORDINATOR (Corporal)

Back to top Go down

Beat the clock (AUS tournament) Empty Re: Beat the clock (AUS tournament)

Post by MOHAWK Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:27 am

I can't make it I have Stuff on and I don't like the setting or the format of it anyways  Sad .

Other then that good luck to those competing  Very Happy .
MOHAWK
MOHAWK
TEAM VICE CAPTAIN (Sergeant)
TEAM VICE CAPTAIN (Sergeant)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Pistol Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:36 am

7:30 AEDST tonight
Mr. Pistol
Mr. Pistol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum